Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
We seek a designer, preferably with User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) experience. We are looking for someone with an excellent portfolio and a range of styles. You might design interactive exhibits for museums, help with web design, or work on interfaces for some of our software titles for HP and Intel.
Ideum creates custom software exhibits for world class museums. We also work with established technology companies such as HP and Intel in developing the next generation of computing experiences. We are a rapidly growing and internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Ideum develops multitouch and HCI software frameworks and products such as GestureWorks (www.gestureworks.com) and Open Exhibits (www.openexhibits.org). We are also the makers of GestureWorks Gameplay (gameplay.gestureworks.com), a unique Windows-based software product. In addition, we design and sell multitouch tables and custom exhibit hardware to museums, corporations, non-profit organizations and socially responsible companies worldwide.
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include examples of your work (URLS – if available) along with a cover letter and your resume. Please NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes full health benefits (100% after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance.
Also included is a company-matched 401K plan (up to 3% of salary, available after one year of employment). Pay is based upon experience.
- Demonstrated design experience
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and other design applications
- Ability to wireframe, develop site maps, and other design documents
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented in all facets of work, from code to communications
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Photography, Illustration, and/or video skills
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with social media sites
- Experience converting web designs into functional pages
- Programming experience
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- College degree or Masters