Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
We seek a full-time, on-site User Experience Designer to join our interdisciplinary team of designers, content specialists, programmers, and hardware engineers. The User Experience Designer will work across a wide range of projects including museum exhibits and software projects with major tech companies such as HP and Intel. The UED will own, protect, and manage the user experience throughout product and project life cycles.
Ideum creates custom software exhibits for world class museums and we work with established technology companies such as HP and Intel in developing the next generation of computing experiences. We are a rapidly growing and internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Ideum develops multitouch and HCI software frameworks and products such as GestureWorks (www.gestureworks.com) and Open Exhibits (www.openexhibits.org). We are also the makers of GestureWorks Gameplay (gameplay.gestureworks.com), a unique Windows-based software product. In addition, we design and sell multitouch tables and custom exhibit hardware to museums, corporations, non-profit organizations and socially responsible companies worldwide.
We are an internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include examples of your work (URLS – if available) along with a cover letter and your resume. Please NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes full health benefits (100% after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance.
Also included is a company-matched 401K plan (up to 3% of salary, available after one year of employment). Pay is based upon experience.
- Strong conceptual and information design skills
- Ability to organize
- A strong interest in science, art, history, and social issues
- Demonstrated UX/UI design experience and ability (portfolio)
- Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- Excellent visual design ability
- Fluency with Interactive design principles and processes
- Experience with Web, mobile, and kiosk design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Experience with museum exhibits and installations
- Programming skills
- Experience with 3D design programs
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- College degree