Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
We seek a developer with demonstrated programming experience and other complimentary skills to join our development team. We are a team of programmers, and UI / UX developers, looking for other creative developers to join in the fun. We work on research projects, custom museum installations with well known institutions, and large development projects with some of the world’s biggest tech companies.
Along with software, we develop integrated multitouch systems that include some of our hardware components. For this position, we are looking for an intermediate to well-experienced programmer who is not afraid to learn new things. As our company continues to expand, we are looking for a self-starter who can contribute right away, but who is also willing to learn new things.
Ideum develops multitouch and HCI software frameworks and products such as GestureWorks, GestureWorks Gameplay (www.gestureworks.com) and Open Exhibits (www.openexhibits.org ). We also create custom multitouch and HCI exhibits for museums, non-profit organizations and socially responsible companies.
We are an internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
How to Apply
This is a full-time position (40 hours) on-site in Corrales, New Mexico. Please respond via email and include examples of your work (URLS) along with a cover letter and your resume. Please NO PHONE CALLS.
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes full health benefits (100% after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance.
Also included is a company-matched 401K plan (available after one year of employment). Pay is based on experience.
- Demonstrated experience programming with C, C++, C#, .NET, Java or Python
- Ability to work in a team environment including the willingness to share knowledge
- Experience with version control software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong interest in science, art, history, and social issues
- Strong conceptual and information design skills
- Organizational ability
- Experience with mobile authoring
- Experience with Open GL or other graphics frameworks
- Flash and ActionScript experience
- Hardware and systems engineering experience
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- College degree
- Experience with hardware and/or systems engineering