Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
We seek a full-time Exhibit Technician who can help our group that assembles and supports multitouch tables and custom exhibit installations. We are looking for a detail-oriented, precision craftsman who can help us build the highest quality integrated computer systems, such as our multitouch tables. Candidates must have PC systems experience, experience working with basic tools, and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help with all aspects of our multitouch table production. Responsibilities will include table building and support, tracking inventory, ordering, and logistics; the candidate must have strong organizational skills.
We also need help with technical documentation and support (email and phone), so strong writing and communication skills are required. We don’t expect applicants to have museum or exhibit experience, but we are looking for someone with prior experience with ordering, inventory and computer experience. We need someone who is flexible and has a diverse skill set.
Ideum creates custom software exhibits for world class museums. We also work with established technology companies such as HP and Intel in developing the next generation of computing experiences. We are a rapidly growing and internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Ideum develops multitouch and HCI software frameworks and products such as GestureWorks (www.gestureworks.com) and Open Exhibits (www.openexhibits.org). We are also the makers of GestureWorks Gameplay (gameplay.gestureworks.com), a unique Windows-based software product. In addition, we design and sell multitouch tables and custom exhibit hardware to museums, corporations, non-profit organizations and socially responsible companies worldwide.
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include a cover letter and your resume. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates who do not include a cover letter will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes full health benefits (100% after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance.
Also included is a company-matched 401K plan (up to 3% of salary, available after one year of employment).
Pay is based upon experience.
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with shipping and logistics
- Ability to use a variety of shop tools
- Understanding of networking and components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with inventory and ordering systems
- Experience with Word and other Office software
- Skilled in building electronic and computer systems
- Computer skills, familiarity with Windows and other OS
- Experience in IT
- Experience in fabrication
- Experience with technical documentation
- Experience with electrical systems
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- Engineering and/or physics background