Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
We seek a full-time, on-site Interactive Designer to join our inter-disciplinary team of producers, content specialists, programmers, and hardware engineers. The Interactive Designer will work across a wide range of exhibit and software projects. Along with providing visual design direction, the Interactive Designer will own, protect, and manage the user experience throughout product and project life cycles.
Beyond technical skills, we are looking for someone with strong conceptual skills and organizational ability. An interest in art, science, history, and the other educational topics we explore is also important. (See further qualifications and extra credit in the sidebar at right.)
Ideum is a rapidly growing and internationally recognized interactive design firm that works with established technology companies such as HP and Intel developing the next generation of computing experiences. Our products have been featured in top tech blogs such as Engadget, TechCrunch, Discovery News, and many others. In addition, we develop custom software, dynamic exhibits and websites for top museums, non-profit organizations, and socially responsible companies. Ideum is located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Ideum also develops multitouch and HCI software frameworks and products such as GestureWorks (www.gestureworks.com) and Open Exhibits (www.openexhibits.org). We are also the makers of GestureWorks Gameplay (gameplay.gestureworks.com), a unique Windows-based software product. In addition, we design and sell multitouch tables and custom exhibit hardware to museums, corporations, non-profit organizations and socially responsible companies worldwide.
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include examples of your work (URLS – if available) along with a cover letter—please include examples of your work (URLS)—and your resume. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates who do not include a cover letter will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes full health benefits (100% after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance.
Also included is a company-matched 401K plan (up to 3% of salary, available after one year of employment).
Pay is based upon experience.
- Demonstrated UX/UI design experience and ability (portfolio)
- Demonstrated graphic design experience and ability (portfolio)
- Ability to prototype designs in lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity as required
- Excellent visual design ability
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Fluency with Interactive design principles and processes
- Experience with Web, mobile, and kiosk design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A strong interest in science, art, history, and social issues
- Experience with museum exhibits and installations
- Programming skills
- Experience with 3D design programs
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- College degree, not a requirement