Compensation: Dependent upon Experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
Ideum is seeking an energetic, versatile, and prolific writer to help work on a variety of educational, technical and promotional projects. Our company is diverse: we work with top museums and Fortune 500 companies. We also we make our own innovative multitouch tables and touch walls.
We are looking for a self-starter who can do their own research, writing and editing. The Content Specialist needs to be able work with different teams at Ideum on a variety of projects. The position requires an individual who takes ownership of projects, sees them through, and sticks to deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for history, science, art and new technology. The candidate should have demonstrated experience with social media such as: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
Ideum creates dynamic exhibits for museums, non-profit organizations, and socially responsible companies. We also develop multitouch hardware products: multitouch tables and touch walls and have sold our products in 38 countries around the world. We are located in scenic Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Benefits and Incentives
This is a full-time position (40 hours) on-site in Corrales, New Mexico. The position includes health benefits (after 90 days), dental, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also, included is company matched 401K plan (up to 3% of salary). These plans become available after one year of employment. Pay is based on experience.
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include examples of your work (URLS – if available) along with a cover letter—and your resume.
NOTE: Candidates who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- · What drew you to this position?
- · Explain what collaboration means to you and how it is part of your process.
- · What qualities and life-experiences would you bring to the position?
- · How would you describe your writing style?
- · Share your approach to learning new technology.
- · Why do you want to work with Ideum?
- · Describe your ideal working environment.
PLEASE: NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
- Demonstrated writing, editing, and research skills
- Highly motivated, tenacious, and professional
- Experience with blogging software like WordPress
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Strong organizational skills
- An ability to adapt to changes in technology and the market
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Dependability and commitment to results
- Good listening skills; good people skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a variety of Office software
- Experience in the museum or nonprofit world
- Graphic design, photography or video experience
- Experience with marketing or advertising
- Knowledge of history, art, and/or sciences