Compensation: Pay is based upon experience.
Position Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
We seek a full-time Exhibit Technician who can help our group assemble and support multitouch tables and custom exhibit installations. We are looking for a detail-oriented, precision craftsman who can help us build the highest quality integrated computer systems, such as our multitouch tables. Candidates must have PC systems experience, experience working with basic tools, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience with electronic systems is a strong plus.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can help with all aspects of our table production from building to QA to support. Candidates may be also be asked to help with inventory, ordering, and logistics, so strong organizational skills are needed.
We also need help with technical documentation, email and phone support, so strong writing and communication skills are required. As a relatively small company (40+ people) that is growing fast and has a diverse set of products and projects, we need someone who is flexible and has a similarly diverse skill set.
Ideum designs and creates multitouch hardware and software products along with dynamic exhibits for museums, non-profit organizations, and socially responsible companies. We are an internationally recognized interactive design and development firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter along with your resume. WE WILL NOT CONSIDER APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A COVER LETTER. This is a full-time position (40 hours) on-site in Corrales, New Mexico. The position includes full health benefits (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance.
Also included is a company-matched 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment). Pay is based upon experience. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK INS.
- Detail oriented
- Experience with electronics
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with electrical systems
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to use a variety of shop tools
- Understanding of networking and components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Google Docs other Office software
- Skilled in building electronic and computer systems
- Computer skills, experience with Windows and other OS
- Experience in IT
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience in fabrication
- Experience with technical documentation
- Engineering and/or physics background
- Experience with shipping and logistics
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world
- Experience with inventory and ordering systems