Compensation: $15 / hour.
Position Type: Full time (40 Hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
We seek a full-time AV Intern to support efforts involving creative problem solving, implementation and support of our professional AV installations and interactive technology experiences. This a paid, fixed term internship for 10-12 weeks (depending on the candidate’s availability and the timing of the hire). Responsibilities include a broad range of tasks including AV technical setup and configuration, physical labor, research, testing, troubleshooting, communications and documentation.
We are searching for an AV Technician Intern to play a role in helping customize technical solutions, and in the hands-on implementation of our professional AV installations and other exhibits. You will be challenged with a variety of projects, a rapidly changing technical landscape, multi-tasking across projects and proposals, and partnering on integrations with internal teams including Design, Development, Production and Sales.
Candidates will ideally have some design, fabrication, construction or installation experience, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Candidates must be available for frequent and extended travel.
As a relatively small company (45+ people) that is fast growing, we have a diverse set of products and projects, and are seeking an experienced technician and practical problem solver to join our team.
Ideum develops custom multitouch and HCI exhibits for museums, nonprofit organizations, and socially responsible companies. The firm has worked on custom software and hardware projects with some of the world’s top museums such as: Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, The Field Museum, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry (Chicago), Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian, SFMOMA, and more. In addition, Ideum has worked with Fortune 500 companies and iconic brands such as: Apple, Adobe, Coca-Cola, Boeing, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Union Pacific, and others. We are an internationally recognized interactive design firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe).
Please see our website, project portfolio and blog to learn more about us.
How to Apply
Please respond via email (see below) and include examples of your work (URLS – if available) along with a cover letter—and your resume.
NOTE: Candidates who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
- What drew you to this position?
- Explain what collaboration means to you and how it is part of your process.
- Share your approach to learning new technology.
- Why do you want to work with Ideum?
- Describe your ideal working environment.
PLEASE: NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Experience with Audio Visual equipment
- Experience with video conferencing, audio, and other systems
- Experience with electrical systems and concepts
- Experience with shop tools
- Understanding of networking and components
- Experience building computer systems
- Windows OS and other systems administration
- Experience with technical documentation
- Ability to lift, move and install AV equipment up to 50 pounds
- Willingness to travel
- CTS Certification or relevant AV certifications
- Experience in IT
- Experience in fabrication
- Experience with projection, projection mapping and video walls
- Automation and control systems experience
- Construction experience
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with microelectronics, sensors, etc.
- Experience with VR and IoT
- Experience with 3D rendering and printing
- Metalwork, woodwork and fabrication
- Computer programming skills
- Experience in the museum or non-profit world