Position Type: Full time (40 Hours).
Location: On-site in Corrales, New Mexico.
Ideum designs and creates multitouch hardware and software products along with dynamic exhibits for museums, non-profit organizations, and socially responsible companies. We are an internationally recognized interactive design and development firm located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque, an hour from Santa Fe). Our company is diverse; we work with top museums, well-known brands, and technology companies. Along with custom software development, we design and sell our own innovative multitouch tables. We construct custom exhibits which utilize emerging technology including video walls, large-scale projection, tangible interfaces, motion recognition, RFID, sensors, and other unique applications of technology. Learn more at: www.ideum.com
We seek a full-time drafter who can help us design custom exhibits and interactive multitouch tables and hardened displays. We seek a highly motivated self-starter who can help with all aspects of the process. Drafting skills and experience with Solidworks is essential. We are looking for someone who is fluent in Solidworks and ideally PDM file management.
Draft various items for fabrication and manufacturing. These may include custom displays, enclosures, exhibit components, cases for electronic components and other projects.
Manage projects and versions of products and custom work. Develop cut sheets and other materials for our sales group and Creative Services department.
Work with manufactures to ensure quality fabrication of projects, where needed.
Assist in implementing design solutions from initial concept, to design completion, and into manufacturing. You will be expected to work with the ID team to improve functionality, reliability, and manufacturability.
Responsible for optimizing projects by understanding the variations and assets in the physical design function.
You will assist in testing assemblies and troubleshooting problems arising from complex interactions between components.
Work with our ID team in development and problem solving, you will also be involved in optimizing design solutions in a cost effective manner.
Complete department goals in a timely manner with minimal assistance.
You will assist in creating documentation for sales, support, and custom integration
Benefits and Incentives
This position includes health benefits (after 90 days), Dental insurance, plus long-term and short-term disability and life insurance. Also included is a company-matched 401K Safe Harbor Profit Sharing Plan (available after one year of employment). Pay is based upon experience.
How to Apply
Please respond via email to [email protected] with a cover letter and a full resume. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK INS.
- Drafting: 2 years
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting: 2 years
- Solidworks: 2 years
- Demonstrated Solidworks experience, minimum two years.
- Ample sheet metal manufacturing processes knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually.
- Nimble and fast in developing concepts and ideas that are feasible.
- A passion for design and an ability to connect to business needs.
- A keen ability to design for the end user.
- Excellent written and oral skills with the ability to convey and connect to design intent.
- A strong understanding of design process and thinking that leads to optimal solutions.
- A strong understanding of electrical circuits, low voltage systems, and wiring.
- Acuity for organization.
- Experience designing for various manufacturing processes to include sheet metal, casting, machining, 3D printing, etc
- Solid Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator knowledge and skills.
- Experience with 3D printing including: creation of print files, troubleshooting printing problems, and maintaining and repairing printers.
- Experience with user experience, ergonomics, and human factors.
- A strong understanding of computer systems and components. Should be able to troubleshoot and solve most problems. Experience building and maintaining PC's is a benefit.
- Solidworks certifications are a plus; CSWA or CSWP.